Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I love Malaysia

I was did a lot during my time in Malaysia and really enjoyed my stay. I went throughout Penang my first day. We visited the Snake Temple, Reclining Buddha Temple, and a Mosque as well. The Malaysian food is so good! Best chicken I've had thus far on the trip....and I've been eating a lot of chicken! It was a really different experience going to a club in Malaysia. I was the only black person in the Malaysian club and the Malaysians loved me. They kept offering me things, taking pictures with me, and introducing me to their friends. People kept on coming up to me to shake my hand and ask me questions like where I'm from and how do I like their country. I suppose it was obvious that I was not from this country! I went to the Cameron Highlands the next day, which is up in the mountains of Malaysia. The Cameron Highlands was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. The lush green mountains on all sides and different kinds of flowers and plant life was remarkable. We went hiking through the jungle and visited a local village where we met indigenous people of Malaysia. They took us to this beautiful waterfall and showed us how to use a blowdart, which was really cool. After leaving the Highlands we went down to Kuala Lampur, this ridiculously colorful and vibrant city that had a lot to offer. I was so suprised at how well developed the city was and how much it reminded me of Miami. The city had these immaculate malls, skyscapers, and beautiful scenary all throughout the city. I loved everything about Malaysia and I could definitely see myself living in this country sometime in the future.

No comments: